It’s time to go digital
WHY GO DIGITAL?
Dramatically reduce admin time
Retain more patients in care with automated follow-ups
Efficiently manage very large groups of patients
Maintain longitudinal patient records across facilities
Improve monitoring and program quality
Improve patient outcomes
|Designed for stakeholders, not users
|Designed for health care workers
|Ask for too much information
|Minimal data entry
|Fast and easy to use
|Simple dashboards focused only on key indicators
The bottom line? Keep it simple
- Design for the user, not the stakeholder
- Observe real-world clinical care
- Talk to users
- User-test your software
What’s in the Playbook?
- Step-by-step guidance on how to design a user-centered digital tool that maximizes the effectiveness of an NCD management program
- Strategies based on Resolve to Save Lives’ years of experience creating user-centered tools—such as the Simple app—that are fast, easy-to-use and efficient
- Insights for program managers and medical staff to provide better care and save more lives
From the creators of the Simple app
Simple has helped health care workers manage 4 million patients and improve their blood pressure and blood sugar control dramatically.
In Bangladesh, for example, the number of patients treated for hypertension increased 20-fold AND among those treated, blood pressure control tripled.
Registering a new patient takes just 83 seconds, and recording a follow up visit takes less than 20 seconds.