Social Media Officer
Posted: July 1, 2020
Resolve to Save Lives
Vital Strategies is a US-based international public health organization working in more than 70 countries to address important and challenging health issues. We develop and oversee programs to strengthen public health systems and address leading causes of morbidity and mortality, providing expertise in project implementation and management, strategic communications, epidemiology and surveillance, and other core public health capacities.
Resolve to Save Lives is a global health initiative of Vital Strategies that aims to save millions of lives by reducing preventable deaths from cardiovascular disease and by preventing infectious disease epidemics. Since September 2017, the Resolve to Save Lives Cardiovascular and Prevent Epidemics teams have been working closely with governments, the World Health Organization, the World Bank, academic and other partners in a number of low- and middle-income countries to strengthen national capacity to prevent, detect and respond to epidemic threats and improve cardiovascular health. For more information about us, visit: https://www.resolvetosavelives.org/, https://preventepidemics.org/ and https://linkscommunity.org/.
The Social Media Officer will work to enhance Resolve to Save Lives and its CEO’s social media presence by developing strategic content and weekly social media messages, increasing target audience size, monitoring and managing engagement, and strengthening connections to relevant topics and influencers. The incumbent will report to the Resolve to Save Lives Media Manager and work closely with the CEO and members of the communications team.
- Build and execute social media strategy through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging and audience identification
- Generate, edit, publish and share daily content (original text, images, video or HTML) that builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to take action
- Set up and optimize company pages within each platform to increase the visibility of company’s social content
- Moderate all user-generated content in line with the moderation policy for each community
- Create editorial calendars
- Continuously improve by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social data/metrics, insights and best practices, and then acting on the information
- Collaborate with other departments to manage reputation, identify key players and coordinate actions
Required Qualifications and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years’ experience in social media or related communications field
- Outstanding writing skills
- Excellent communicator
- Demonstrated experience with social media analytics
- Exceptional computer skills with experience in all social media platforms as well as Microsoft Office programs
- Background in health or biological sciences is a plus
- Self-motivated, meticulously organized, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and with others
- Enthusiasm for the mission of Resolve to Save Lives and the communities we serve
Please submit a cover letter and your resume to: Social Media Officer by July 27, 2020.