Product Design Intern
Posted: November 2, 2020
Resolve to Save Lives
Vital Strategies, headquartered in New York City, is an international public health organization that strengthens public health systems and addresses the world’s leading causes of illness, injury and death. We currently work in 73 countries, supporting data-driven decision making, advancing evidence-based public health policies and programs, and mounting strategic communication campaigns. Our programs are concentrated in low- and middle-income countries and cities in Africa, Latin America, Asia and the Pacific.
Resolve to Save Lives is a global health initiative of Vital Strategies that since 2017 has been working closely with governments, international organizations, community organizations, academic and other partners in more than 40 countries to save millions of lives by reducing preventable deaths from cardiovascular disease and strengthening capacity to prevent, detect and respond to epidemic threats. For more information about us, visit: https://www.resolvetosavelives.org/; https://preventepidemics.org/; and https://linkscommunity.org/.
At Resolve to Save Lives (RTSL), an initiative of Vital Strategies, we value learning and professional development, and the contributions of a diverse workforce. We believe it is important to mentor future leaders from underrepresented groups who will grow personally and professionally and create impact in the public health sector. Interns at Resolve to Save Lives will have the chance to develop skills and contribute to our initiatives through engaging, meaningful work assignments that can help jump start their career in public health.
Join the Simple Tech Team as a Product Design Intern to improve the Simple Dashboard and help us save 100 million lives from cardiovascular disease. The Simple Dashboard is a responsive web app used by health officials in India, Bangladesh, and Ethiopia to monitor and manage hypertension control programs. The dashboard displays reports and has features to manage the hypertension program remotely.
- About the Simple Team: The Simple Team is composed of experts in many fields—from software designers and engineers to public health officials and doctors. We’re a diverse team spread around the world—from India and the UK to San Francisco, Wisconsin, and New York.
- Who you’ll work with: You’ll work very closely with a Product Designer. Together you’ll collaborate with the rest of the Simple Team to improve the Dashboard experience.
- What you’ll work on: You’ll improve the experience of the Simple Dashboard to make it easier for health officials to monitor and manage their hypertension control programs. You will be involved in web design, information design, user research, copywriting, and other aspects of product design. Working alongside you, we will define features, talk to ‘customers’, and design components of the Simple Dashboard. If you are interested and capable of writing front-end code, you could also be helping to implement features you have designed. You will design and ship real features that will be used by real healthcare workers and health system managers around the world.
- Undergraduate student
- Area of study: Computer science or design
- Required: Portfolio of web design work (please add portfolio as an attachment to your application)
- Up to 25 hours a week
- January through May 2021 with the possible option to renew, based on mutual agreement
- Internship will be based out of the New York office but will be remote while the office remains closed
How to Apply:
Send your resume for this role to the following link: Product Design Intern