Posted: November 3, 2021
Resolve to Save Lives
Vital Strategies is a US-based international public health organization working in more than 70 countries to strengthen public health systems and address leading causes of morbidity and mortality.
Resolve to Save Lives is an initiative of Vital Strategies with a mission to prevent 100 million deaths from heart disease and to make the world safer from epidemics. We are led by Dr Tom Frieden, former director of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. After four years of rapid expansion, Resolve to Save Lives will become a fully independent, US-based and registered global nonprofit public health organization, effective April 2022. Learn more about our work at resolvetosavelives.org.
We believe our programs are strengthened when they are developed and supported by individuals with diverse life experiences, whose understanding of social and cultural issues can help make our work and workforce more inclusive. We encourage people of all racial, economic, social, cultural, sexual orientation, and gender expressions to apply.
Resolve to Save Lives seeks qualified candidates for the position of Operations Manager. Reporting to the VP, Global Operations, the Operations Manager will work across operations, human resources, finance, IT, legal and programs divisions as well as across Resolve’s international offices. They will be responsible for proactively creating new processes and streamlining existing ones to maximize efficiency while ensuring positive user experiences. The Operations Manager will build relationships across teams and will be tasked with solving complex issues cross-functionally. They will ensure that Resolve’s key operations such as procurement and knowledge management are in place prior to transitioning to an independent entity by the end of the first quarter of 2022. This full-time position is remote, with the incumbent able to work during US east coast standard work hours and expected to attend periodic team meetings in NYC beginning in January 2022.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Develop, implement and manage organizational policies and procedures
- Create and update SOPs across operations functions
- Manage key operations functions for successful transition to an independent entity, including knowledge management and procurement
- Oversee U.S. based facilities including managing contracts and subscriptions with shared workspaces, as applicable
- Collaborate with teams across the organization to solicit, develop and train on process improvement to maximize efficiencies
- Oversee logistics for periodic in-person meetings including travel, conference spaces and catering
- Lead the strategy and execution of process re-engineering and continuous improvement of workflows used to support global operations
- Identify and communicate blockers and opportunities for improvement to organization’s operational workflows
- Work closely with Operations Managers in global offices to ensure seamless coordination of systems and processes
- Train staff in operations processes including travel reimbursement, procurement, and credit card management
- Work with Finance to identify and implement a credit card program for Resolve staff
- Manage Resolve’s knowledge management systems and processes including designing filing structures, leading file migration processes and maintaining files on an ongoing basis
- Provide support to the operations department by providing project management for high-level departmental projects, coordinating activities, tracking deadlines and maintaining project files
- Manage special projects, as needed
Required Experience and Skills
- Bachelor's degree in any field
- At least 6 years of experience, with 4 years’ progressive administrative, systems, and relationship management experience
- Proven track record of establishing effective and efficient organizational operations systems
- Resourceful, proactive and with strong problem-solving orientation and capabilities
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Highly effective in working harmoniously with others and across teams
- Outstanding communicator, with strong oral, written, presentation, and interpersonal skills for optimal collaboration
- Skilled at systems thinking and with navigating change
- Knowledge of and ability to address a range of organizational process issues and to learn quickly
- Comfortable and effective working in a fast-paced environment
- Able to work in US East Coast time zone work hours