IT Help Desk Associate
Posted: November 15, 2021
Resolve to Save Lives
Resolve to Save Lives is an initiative of Vital Strategies with a
mission to prevent 100 million deaths from heart disease and to make the
world safer from epidemics. We are led by Dr. Tom Frieden, former
director of the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Resolve
to Save Lives has been incubated by Vital Strategies, a US-based
international public health organization working in more than 70
countries to strengthen public health systems and address leading causes
of morbidity and mortality.
Resolve to Save Lives is transitioning to an independent public health organization in April 2022 to maximize global impact with speed, simplicity, and scale. Learn more about our work at resolvetosavelives.org.
We believe our programs are strengthened when they are developed and supported by individuals with diverse life experiences, whose understanding of social and cultural issues can help make our work and workforce more inclusive. We encourage people of all racial, ethnic, economic, social, cultural, sexual orientation, and gender expressions to apply.
Vital Strategies and Resolve to Save Lives are committed to helping prevent the spread of COVID-19 and to protecting the safety of our employees. All U.S. employees will be required to be fully vaccinated unless the employee is approved for a reasonable accommodation due to a disability or a religious reason.
Resolve to Save Lives seeks a Help Desk Associate to serve as an integral member of a small IT unit. The position is responsible for tier 2 technical support and will work closely with external tier 1 support. Responsibilities include the installation and support of new and upgraded workstation hardware and software and ensuring its integrity and optimal operation. This position assists with recommending, implementing, and documenting new hardware and software solutions that improve the computing experience.
This full-time position is currently remote and has a salary range of $56,300 – $65,000. The incumbent will be expected to convene periodically for team meetings in NYC beginning in January 2022 and to work during US East Coast standard working hours.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides tier 2 investigation and diagnosis
- Manages MDM software
- Resolves and closes incidents/service requests as per help desk procedures & SLA
- Escalates unresolved incidents/service requests
- Logs relevant incident/service request details per help desk procedures
- Communicates with end-user regarding incident progress
- Ensures tickets are always updated until issues are resolved
- Performs staging of PCs
- Performs IMAC (Install, Move, Add and Change)
- Conducts hardware and software maintenance and support
- Troubleshoots and resolves PC incidents and/or VIP requests
- Coordinates with outsourced helpdesk for hardware repair
- Assists with IT security issues and virus elimination
- Assists with onboarding/offboarding of staff
- Assists with creation of training materials and department documentation
Required Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a similar role
- Advanced understanding and experience in installation, configuration and troubleshooting with various desktop operating systems such as Windows 10, & MAC OS x in an enterprise environment.
- Experience with advanced virus removals in enterprise environments
- Strong understanding of computer and peripherals hardware; Ability to diagnose issues remotely and form remediation plan
- Experience with standard Microsoft applications such as Office Suite and Office 365 usage and support
- Experience in troubleshooting and configuration of mobile devices such as tablets and smart phones for enterprise applications such as corporate email
- Customer-centric attitude and good communication skills
- Windows system administration
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Ability to manage stressful situations in a professional manner
- Aptitude for problem solving and thinking out-of-the-box
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment where every day offers diverse questions
- Passion for helping staff and building rapport
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology or related field preferred
- Network +, A + preferred