Posted: November 2, 2020
Resolve to Save Lives, an initiative of Vital Strategies
Vital Strategies is a US-based international public health organization working in more than 70 countries to address important and challenging health issues. We develop and oversee programs in low and middle-income countries to strengthen public health systems and address leading causes of morbidity and mortality, providing expertise in project implementation and management, strategic communications, epidemiology and surveillance, and other core public health capacities.
Resolve to Save Lives is a global health initiative of Vital Strategies that aims to save millions of lives by reducing preventable deaths from cardiovascular disease and by preventing and responding to infectious disease epidemics. Since September 2017, the Resolve to Save Lives Cardiovascular and Prevent Epidemics teams have been working closely with governments, the World Health Organization, the World Bank, academic and other partners in low- and middle-income countries to strengthen national capacity to prevent, detect and respond to epidemic threats and improve cardiovascular health. For more information about us, visit: https://www.resolvetosavelives.org/, https://preventepidemics.org/ and https://linkscommunity.org/.
Vital Strategies / Resolve to Save Lives is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Finance Assistant. The Finance Assistant will report to the Senior Grant Operations Manager, Resolve to Save Lives. The Finance Assistant will also collaborate with operations, program and technical staff and consultants of Resolve to Save Lives. This is a full-time position based in New York City.
- Provide finance assistance for the Resolve to Save Lives initiative, under the direction of the Senior Grant Operations Manager
- Process monthly bills from vendors (consultants, sub-grantees, service providers)
- work closely with Contract Managers and Accounts Payable for approval and processing payment
- work with Contract Managers, vendors and Accounts Payable to resolve invoice and/or payment related inquiries
- Reconcile and assign budget codes for:
- credit cards
- travel account statement
- phone bill
- Serve as focal point for inquiries related to finance policy
- Process expense reports and per diems:
- prepare expense reports for SVPs in NetSuite
- review and approve expense reports in NetSuite
- ensure compliance with organizational policies
- manage follow-up
- Assist with the implementation of new workflow processes and systems (Netsuite), as needed
- Perform other duties as necessary and assigned
Required skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or bachelor’s degree in progress, with a preference for accounting, business administration / management, or finance major
- At least one year of relevant work experience
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Strong computer skills; intermediate ability in Adobe and Excel, including understanding of formulas and pivot tables
- Ability to work independently and as a team member; self-directed, ability to work with minimal supervision yet knowing when to ask questions
- Excellent communication and customer service skills, plus discretion with sensitive information and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Comfortable communicating with staff across different countries and cultures
- Critical thinking skills to apply general rules, but also catch inconsistencies
- Experience with Netsuite a plus
How to apply: Please send your CV and cover letter to: Finance Assistant. Applicants must be authorized to work in the US. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.