Posted: December 2, 2020
Resolve to Save Lives
Vital Strategies is a US-based international public health organization working in 60 countries to address important and challenging health issues. We develop and oversee programs in low and middle-income countries to strengthen public health systems and address leading causes of morbidity and mortality, providing expertise in project implementation and management, strategic communications, epidemiology and surveillance, and other core public health capacities.
Resolve to Save Lives is a five-year global health initiative that aims to save millions of lives by reducing preventable deaths from cardiovascular disease and preventing infectious disease epidemics. Resolve to Save Lives (https://www.resolvetosavelives.org/) is an initiative of Vital Strategies.
Vital Strategies / Resolve to Save Lives seek qualified candidates for the position of Contracts Officer. The Contracts Officer will report to the Grants Operations Manager, Resolve to Save Lives. The Contracts Officer will also collaborate with operations, program and technical staff and consultants of Resolve to Save Lives. This full-time position is based in New York City.
We are seeking a Contracts Officer who will support the Resolve to Save Lives team to process and track all contracts and sub-grants and ensure that all conditions, deadlines and compliance are met for all agreements issued. The Contracts Officer will liaise closely with all agreement counterparts, including vendors, consultants and other service providers and must work efficiently, in an organized manner and with strong attention for accuracy.
- Coordinate all donor and grantee contract processes for sub-grants, vendor agreements, consultant agreements, and small service agreements, including: drafting contracts in collaboration with program staff, managing following up and changes, and finalizing agreements
- Serve as main point of contact for contract counterparts, including signatories
- Maintain a database of templates for new contract generation and a contract tracker that is updated in real time and always accessible to staff
- Closely manage contract terms to ensure that reporting and payment deadlines are met, conditions are upheld, payments are disbursed on time, and compliance is maintained
- Manage contract modifications and associated documentation, processing, and communications
- Responsible for assigning and verifying proper budget codes to contracts
- Manage record keeping for all contract-related correspondence and documentation
- Provide contract-related issue resolution, both internally and externally
- Monitor and complete contract close-out, extension or renewal, as appropriate
- Communicate contract-related information to all relevant stakeholders
- Complete additional administrative tasks and special projects as assigned
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of contract administration experience
- Excellent Microsoft Office experience (Word, Excel); NetSuite experience a plus
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Well-developed organizational and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Capable of handling multiple tasks with simultaneous deadlines and working well under pressure
- Possess and exercise mature judgment, resourcefulness, professionalism and a customer service demeanor
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree or equivalent certification preferred
How to Apply
Please send CV and cover letter to Contracts Officer. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.