Communications Design Lead
Posted: July 1, 2020
Resolve to Save Lives
Vital Strategies is a US-based international public health organization working in more than 70 countries to address important and challenging health issues. We develop and oversee programs to strengthen public health systems and address leading causes of morbidity and mortality, providing expertise in project implementation and management, strategic communications, epidemiology and surveillance, and other core public health capacities.
Resolve to Save Lives is a global health initiative of Vital Strategies that aims to save millions of lives by reducing preventable deaths from cardiovascular disease and by preventing infectious disease epidemics. Since September 2017, the Resolve to Save Lives Cardiovascular and Prevent Epidemics teams have been working closely with governments, the World Health Organization, the World Bank, academic and other partners in a number of low- and middle-income countries to strengthen national capacity to prevent, detect and respond to epidemic threats and improve cardiovascular health. For more information about us, visit: https://www.resolvetosavelives.org/, https://preventepidemics.org/ and https://linkscommunity.org/.
The Resolve to Save Lives Communications Design team is a multi-disciplinary, multi-country team responsible for producing our communications products that promote public health best practices in low-resource settings. We are looking for a Communications Design Lead to guide the team’s creative strategy, standards, and operation. This is an opportunity for an operations-oriented creative lead to do high-impact, hands-on design work while nurturing and consolidating a Communications Design practice. The Communications Design Lead will report to the Resolve to Save Lives Communications Director.
- Partner with Communications Director and Content Manager on planning/intake, prioritization, resourcing, delivery, and impact assessment of projectsCoordinate the creative development process for multiple projects in multiple languages
- Participate in design activities, ranging from providing strategic design direction to contributing directly to projects as needed
- Manage processes that promote implementation of design feedback/decisions and execution of high design standards for all deliverables
- Develop, implement, and maintain design asset management system
- Oversee design and delivery of content on all RTSL web properties (PreventEpidemics.org, ResolvetoSaveLives.org, LINKScommunity.org); work with content teams to improve elements such as but not limited to site architecture, content strategy, SEO strategy, and workflow
- Mentor a team of three design freelancers and a multi-media content producer
- Work with outside agencies as needed on large design projects
- Work with external stakeholders and partners on joint projects
Required Qualifications and Competencies
- 5+ years’ experience in a comparable role • Degree in graphic design, visual arts or other relevant field
- Recent experience managing or mentoring designers
- Advanced proficiency in tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, Affinity, Microsoft Office Suite, Figma, Keynote, WordPress and Statamic
- Proficiency in HTML and CSS • Strong project management skills • Ability to self-motivate and self-manage to meet goals and deadlines
- Ability to effectively collaborate with remote team members in different time zones, and with varying levels of design experience
- Experience leading process improvement on creative teams
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high pressure environment with multiple stakeholders
- Strong work ethic and enthusiasm for the mission of Vital Strategies/ Resolve to Save Lives and the communities we serve
Please submit a cover letter and your resume including examples of your work to: Communications Design Lead. Closing date for applications is July 27, 2020.